Friday, February 10, 2012
from bowls to stanley
1. Bliss starts this week with my happy little patterned bowls. Not one was broken this week. (I can't say the same for last week.)
2. My coffee. Any form. Always. It is such a staple in this household that it was my third grader's first idea for a science fair project. Experiment: she wants to drill a hole in the top of the coffeemaker and flip the switch. Hypothesis: coffee will brew upward.
3. Happy mama Lisa invited me over to her house this week. The instant I walked into her house i felt like i was being hugged by sunshine. You can see why.
Her colorful creations are all over the house. I adore this banner. It's so bold, bright and right.
4. And, though it wasn't planned, this morning turned into the Nibble Doodle Hop. I took my pen & paper to the Midland Park Starbucks for a cuppa, migrated to the Kosher Nosh cafe in Allendale for matzo ball soup, and finished with a cappuccino at Sook Pastry in Ridgewood. I got more work accomplished in one morning than I have all week. Gotta keep moving (and eating) I guess ;)
5. Seeing my kids' things strewn about the tiny apartment (aka the wicker hellhole).
6. I took a lunchtime break to go thrifting at my favorite vintage shop. It's the kind that is so great that you want to tell everyone about it -- but you can't tell anyone about it. I got a seriously 70s polyester dress that disguises everything it needs to, plus a pair of Prada shoes for next to nothing. Also picked up a pair of Camper flats for $10.
7. I love whipping up colorful doodads to go in my Etsy packages. These little coupons are going in all of my February orders.
8. We got a huge bag of tortilla chips from Tito's Burritos. They're the best! And -- I finally got Flat Stanley off my desk! My poor nephew has been waiting a month for him. I have a terrible track record as a FS hostess. But he did manage to take his tour of north Jersey, he is on his way back to Chicago, and I am formally retiring from the Flat Stanley business. If one comes home with either of my kids from school, I plan to fake his journey ;)
That's the bliss report this week. Go see Liv for more! Happy weekend!