Monday, November 19, 2012
list it tuesday 11/20: wish list
my pie-in-the-sky wish list
1. for our bedroom to be as cheery as happymamalisa's (above). lovely visit with her yesterday as always. I love her new love painting and happy confetti throw.
2. for Twinkies to rise again, and to bring back with it the Marathon bar, Carnation Breakfast Bars, and Jell-o Gelatin Pops.
3. for things to be there, always, right when I need them. (talking to you, keys.)
4. for my kids to quit quarreling, bickering, tattling, and sapping my energy.
5. for my kids to never stop drawing.
6. to have a full closet of ballet flats. I just added a cute pair of red velvet to the stash last week...
7. to fly to one random place each week.
8. for my cold to go away.
9. for autocorrect to leave me alone.
10. to find a decent challah bread. here you'd think they'd be as plentiful as bagels, but I've tried at least a half dozen different kinds, and no go. the ones in Kansas were better.
11. for someone to wave a magic wand over the Jersey Shore, Staten Island and Long Island and make everything right again.
12. for fourth grade homework to go away.
13. for someone to replace our twelve burnt out lightbulbs.
14. to speak five languages fluently.
15. to be not so impatient.
16. remaining house style desires: 1) bungalow 2) casita 3) hobbit hut
17. to open a shop and fill it with wonderful handmade things from around the world.
18. to see the Northern Lights.
19. for my boots to quit tearing holes in my socks.
20. for everyone to just get along.
Thanks for all the great lists last week! I think we have enough topics to get us through the next millennium. Next week's suggested topic comes from Nicole: "been there, done that". (Kind of a bucket list in reverse. Sharpen your pencils and tell us about your checked boxes! :))